Friday, October 24, 2008

Knicks Houston will have new role

The New York Knicks entered on-going discussions with Allan Houston about having a new role for him within the franchise.

"First and foremost, my family and I would like to thank Knicks President Donnie Walsh and Coach Mike D’Antoni for their allowing me the opportunity to be a part of the New York Knicks organization again," Houston said in a statement. "These are two of the most knowledgeable and respected men in basketball and I look forward to learning more from them. Although I was very excited about potentially joining my teammates this year in uniform, I believe that the circumstances suggest that I am best suited to serve the team in a different role.

"I realize that we often make our own plans in our heart, but God always has the right plan for us. I am extremely blessed to have witnessed a special era in New York Knicks history, and I know basketball fans everywhere, especially Knick fans, are ready for the return of this franchise. Hopefully, I serve in being a part of that again.

"I want to also sincerely and personally thank family, friends, fans, prayer partners for all of your overwhelming support. Through Allanhouston.com & the Allan Houston Legacy Foundation, we will stay connected to you and remain committed to equipping our next generation to live fruitful lives."

No comments: